Saturday, April 6, 2013

I'm good?

Don't you just hate it when people ask you how you're doing and you're feeling like complete shit, but you still reply "I'm good.."
And from time to time in the happiest of tones!!
As if the world and your life and your day isn't shitty enough, now you gotta go and lie about it!!!
It's frustrating because you know that no one really wants to hear this:
"Hey how are you?"
"Well my life is in a head on combat with hell to see who's worse. And let's just say my life's winning."
... *Silence*

No one knows what to say to that... Which is why it's so much easier to say "I'm good" even though its just as difficult and even more heartbreaking. That phrase immediately makes you feel alone and void of friends and family. It's even more poignant if you really are alone with no friends or family (or little friend or family) ..

So if you feel inclined to ask.. Don't. Rather say this:
"Hey, I hope life is treating you well, and if not. Well there's always tomorrow.."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting. I love to see feedback, questions, etc. Although the moderation has to be in place I normally review within a few hours. The max is 24. I hope you come back for more musings and share this blog with your friends. Cheers!