Monday, February 27, 2012

Learning on the NYC subway

I learn a lot about life when I do my daily trips around NYC from home to work to school to the studio.. to every damn where...
Mostly I learn to appreciate the weird things people do.. we are all alike, no matter what anyone else ever says or ever thinks.. "we're not so different.. you and I"...
And I've learned to appreciate going on the bridge.
Whenever I'm traveling with my boyfriend and we go over the bridge he always.. and I mean always kisses me as we're going over the water. It's kinda romantic and weird at the same time, but I love it.
I've learned that the world is a dirty place.. wash your hands, but don't fear everything. You can only know but so much, and there are germs everywhere.
I also think the subway system here is the most diverse and cultured congregation of people. You can find everyone down here.. on the same train, in the same car, sitting next to each other. It's beautiful actually. If the world was more like the NYC subway system maybe (and this is a very weary maybe) just maybe we'd have some type of peace.
But overall, no matter how crazy it may be sometimes, I can safely tell you that every ride is interesting..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting. I love to see feedback, questions, etc. Although the moderation has to be in place I normally review within a few hours. The max is 24. I hope you come back for more musings and share this blog with your friends. Cheers!