Friday, February 24, 2012

No, I am not a teen mom..

Being pregnant is difficult enough.
Imagine being pregnant working a full-time part-time job, going to school full-time night-time and holding a proactive dream of wanting to be a filmmaker...
Does that sound like your average pregnant teen?? No.
Because a good 70% of them have familial, outside, or government support. Im running on just limited familial support. While still trying to solidify my independance. I'm responsible for a family already and it's my own. You don't catch many teen mothers doing that. Especially the ones we see celebrified on TV.. no, that is not real life.
Life is cake and ice cream, then shit and piss, then back to cake and ice cream. It's a delicate balance. You have to be ready, willing, and able to accept it for what it is. I do that.. every time I wake up, and every time I go to sleep. I gripe and moan, but I think I'm the most optimistic chick on the block, because I understand and accept. And I'm proactive about making the changes I need in my life. I do what I can, whatever I can.. and push my limits, but don't fight them.
I'm a super not so super woman. I'm a lot of things actually, but i'm not a teen mom. I'm not a statistic. I have a name. And my skin does not make me who I am, it's a mere physical characteristic. I am me... Who are you??
I write poetry, and i'm damn good at it.
I make films and I think I'm a baby currently, but I know I have potential to be legendary. And that doesn't mean famous, just remembered.
I love the world, even when it doesn't love me back.
I expect the world of myself, but only because I know I am the world...
I think im extrordinarily ordinary..
I've got the world on my shoulders, but I carry it well.
I can do anything, I can be anything. I am a lot of things...But I am not a teen mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting. I love to see feedback, questions, etc. Although the moderation has to be in place I normally review within a few hours. The max is 24. I hope you come back for more musings and share this blog with your friends. Cheers!